The REACH Private Public Mix has been dynamically contributing to TB control by supporting private practitioners to actively identify, diagnose and treat TB patients in the private sector since 1998.
Our main focus has been on integrating and harnessing the synergies between private and public health sectors for TB control. This initiative, which started with 30 health care providers, has evolved into a sustainable model, where REACH acts as an intermediary to provide TB care services. The main stakeholders in the initiative are private practitioners, private hospitals, patients, RNTCP team, and community. Since 2006, we have been operating a scaled down PPM with low cost approach, as we did not receive any major funding except that from corporate and individuals.
Together we work for ensuring a continuum of care for TB patient and their families, where in they receive the following services.
- Quality diagnosis and treatment through doctors in private sector
- Individualized TB care package for patients
- Counselling on basic TB information
- Assessment of risk factors
- Treatment initiation
- Direct Observation of treatment at PPM centres
- Monitoring of TB treatment by Home visits
- Retrieving patients through proper action when lost to follow up on treatment
- Food Aid Support
- Information and Communication Materials on TB for patients and their family
- Access to TB Helpline for queries, etc.