Last date to Apply: 20 February, 2017
Globally, there is growing recognition that the fight against TB must actively seek the participation of those most affected by the disease – individuals who have had TB and their families. It is their stories, their experiences, their voices that matter, that will resonate with communities, policymakers and governments and that can reduce stigma, accelerate investment in TB, advocate for a transition to patient-friendly approaches and raise the profile of TB.
This workshop is intended for those who have had TB or been directly affected by the disease and have a keen interest in building their capacity to be effective TB Advocates and Champions. The workshop will adopt inclusive, participatory approaches to learning and will focus on:
- Building knowledge on different aspects of TB
- Understanding the public and private health responses to TB including TB service delivery
- Contextualising individual experiences within the national / regional/ global fight against TB
- Developing key advocacy and communication skills to share personal experiences with different audiences
This workshop is open to TB survivors and those who have been directly affected by TB from the following countries:
An ideal applicant is:
- A TB Survivor or someone who currently has TB
- Alternatively, has been a care-giver to a close family member affected by TB.
- Keen to openly share his/her experience of TB and become a TB advocate
- Willing to participate in a six-month mentorship programme (if chosen)
- Fluent in English, with both verbal and written communication skills
Women who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply.
Selection: All applications will be evaluated by a committee and shortlisted participants may be contacted for a telephonic/skype interview prior to selection.
Venue and funding support: The workshop will be conducted between 10-13 April in New Delhi, India. Selected participants will be provided with all support for travel, accommodation, visas and related expenses.
Application deadline: The last date for receiving applications is 20 February 2017.
The completed application form must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date.
For any clarifications, please contact REACH at the above email address.
You can download the application form here.
To download the flyer, click here.